Why Pilot Institute
80+ Video Lectures
Mobile and Offline Access
From our Students Here is what they are saying about the courses
Greg is amazing instructor! He tries his best to make sure you understand the concepts, explains in simple yet detailed way and really emphasises most important parts. Really glad I am learning this even though I am not sure whether I will actually apply for the license :) Would give this course more stars than 5 :)
Great course. Greg is very engaging with his delivery of course information and very complete. I've learned a lot in a short time to review the course.
An excellent basic course which goes at the right pace, delivered in a friendly style, yet with an air of authority.
Let’s meet your instructor Taught by experts, focused on outcomes.
Join Over 100,000 Happy Pilots
$99 $39 (lifetime access)
FAQ Got questions? Get the answer of frequently asked questions. You can also contact us.
Absolutely! Whether you fly for fun or as a commercial pilot, you need to hone your skills as a pilot. This course will do just that. Even the more experienced pilots will find these maneuvers hard to master.
Yes, any drone that flies will allow you to do these maneuvers. We recommend that you have a drone with GPS capability to get started since it will help you maintain position. If you are looking for a challenge, complete this course in ATTI mode!
A set of a dozen cheap cones will help you set your obstacle course. They are pretty cheap ($7-10) at your favorite local sports store or online.
Yes, this would make a great bonding experience for a parent/child, and provide the necessary supervision.
This course was designed for all drone pilots out there: novice, intermediate, and experts. Everyone will find a way to improve their flying skills and challenge themselves in a fun way.
The course is divided into six different sections:
(1) Aerodynamics and Flight Controls: a full description of how drones fly and how they are controlled,
(2) Maneuvers Description: an explanation of the types of maneuvers practiced in the course, and explanations on how to set up your flying area,
(3) One-Star Maneuvers: a full description both in the studio and at the field of the maneuvers designed for beginner drone pilots.
(4) Two-Star Maneuvers: a full description both in the studio and at the field of the maneuvers designed for intermediate drone pilots.
(5) Three-Star Maneuvers: a full description both in the studio and at the field of the maneuvers designed for advanced drone pilots.
(6) Four-Star Maneuvers: a full description both in the studio and at the field of the maneuvers designed for expert drone pilots.
This course includes 75 videos and over 3.5 hours of easy-to-follow videos. Also included is a PDF Maneuvers Guide that you can print before heading out to improve your skills.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the various components of the drone and how they aerodynamically control its motion,
- Master cinematic maneuvers that are automated in your flying software. You will be able to add your own personal touch to achieve professional-looking videos,
- Fly in all possible scenarios and bring your drone back to safety in an emergency situation,
- Master flying in “reverse command” conditions,
- Impress your flying friends by asking them to perform some of the maneuvers and watch them struggle.
The easiest way to improve your flying skills Drones can be automated to fly missions but when it comes to cinematography, you need to know how to be smooth! This is what this course is all about...
- Designed to incrementally get harder, maneuver after maneuver.
- Includes all explanations on how to complete the maneuvers.
- A great way to take your videography to the next level.
$99 $39 (lifetime access)