Our online ground school will help you get your Instrument Rating so you can fly into rough conditions and gain additional privileges.
- 20 hours of short, easy to watch videos.
- You're guaranteed to pass the test or you'll get $175 and a full refund.
- Beautiful animations and graphics.
- Free Instructor Endorsement.
Why Pilot Institute
Pass the Test the 1st Time - Guaranteed!
Free Instructor Endorsement
420+ Video Lessons
See Test-like Questions
Mobile and Offline Access
Scenario Based Training
Study Groups & Support
Flashcard App Exclusive
We offer an exclusive flashcard app for iPhone and Android users – and best of all it’s free for course subscribers.
There are more than 200 cards that will cement your knowledge in all test topics. You can also flag cards and come back to them and shuffle the order. This will help you study on the go whenever you have a minute.
The Help You Need, When You Need It
Pilot Institute offers online courses with fast interactive support whenever you need it. Reach out to us on live chat, through phone calls, by email, or simply by writing a comment below a lesson and get a response quickly.
Thousands of Success Stories Is your next?
This course is awesome. Greg is very clear and concise, the software is great, and it feels like a course for the modern pilot. I couldn’t recommend it more highly!
I highly recommend this training course. I took my IFR test yesterday and made a 93 on the first try. I credit this course with the success and will recommend it to everyone that needs flight training. Thanks for the great instruction.
Let’s meet your instructor Taught by experts, focused on outcomes.
Join Over 200,000 Happy Pilots
An Instrument Rating is usually the next step people take after getting a Private Pilot license. It will allow you to fly through bad weather in addition to other privileges.
Getting your Instrument Rating will make you a much safer and more confident pilot, even if you don’t fly into rough conditions. It will also open the door to many opportunities for you.
We assembled a team of 7 people to put this course together. It took more than 10 months to produce and edit this course – and we continue to improve it. Offering the highest quality education is our goal and our students are achieving high scores on the FAA exam.
With 20 hours of videos and over 900 practice questions, we believe this is the most comprehensive course available.
Pilot Institute is the only aviation training provider to be accredited by IACET to offer continuing education credits.
This course provides you with the knowledge you need to pass your Instrument Rating Airplane (IRA) Written Exam. We specifically designed this material to be comprehensive and not just an overview.
You won’t feel overwhelmed – you will walk into the test room with confidence. You will be able to spot the trick questions on the test and answer them right.
This is the only resource that you will need to pass the test. Having everything in one structured place is efficient and it will take you less time to pass.
This is a self-paced course. Each video is roughly 3-5 minutes and you can easily pick up where you left off. You can also watch videos as many times as you’d like.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- understand the requirements to become an instrument rated pilot,
- explain how aircraft systems operate,
- interpret the relationship between flight instruments and attitude flying so you can master flying in instrument conditions,
- master navigational equipment such as VOR, HSI, DME and GPS,
- interpret the Federal Aviation Regulation and stay out of trouble,
- communicate on the radio and understand instrument procedures,
- identify airspace on charts,
- read charts and extract useful information to safely conduct your IFR flights,
- identify the various departure and arrival procedures, as well as holds and DME arcs,
- understand how to reach approach plates and conduct safe non-precision and precision approaches,
- identify and predict dangerous weather phenomena,
- read and understand aviation weather report such as METAR, TAF, and PIREPs,
- understand the factors that affect flight performance, especially those found in IFR flights,
- assess and mitigate risk.
We will go IN DETAIL about each of the knowledge areas and provide explanations to not only pass the test, but also become a proficient pilot. This will give you the confidence you need when you are in the cockpit.
Included in this course are links to the free FAA publications as well as over 900 practice questions and several practice exams.
The Easiest Way to Get Instrument Rated Some courses teach to the test. This leaves you with surface level knowledge and it makes it harder to pass the test. We have a fresh approach.
- Become a safer and better pilot - even if you don't fly into rough conditions.
- Unlock the privilege to fly in Class A airspace, above 18,000 feet MSL.
- Really understand the 'why' behind concepts instead of ineffective memorization.
- Lifetime Access - Go at your own pace.
- 30-Day 100% Money Back Guarantee.