Drone Photo & Video Masterclass
The ultimate course to take your photography & videography skills to the next-level.
- 2 courses bundled together - learn photography & videography in one place.
- 11 hours of step-by-step video instruction.
- Everything you need in one place to go from a beginner to a professional.
Why Pilot Institute
122+ Video Lessons
Photo & Video Feedback
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
Knowledge on a Strong Foundation
Class 1: Drone Photography Fundamentals
Learn how to take drone photos that you are proud to share. In this class, you will learn:
- How digital cameras work
- How to take good photos
- How settings like aperture, shutter speed, ISO work
- The difference between RAW and JPG formats
- How histograms, zebras, vectorscopes, and false color charts can improve your photography
- How to achieve Proper exposure
- How to capture correct colors
- How to compose images that are pleasing
- Photography techniques to capture fireworks and panoramas
- What’s wrong with my photos?
5 hours of video instruction
Class 2: Drone Videography Fundamentals
Find out how to take cinematic drone footage. In this class, you will learn:
- How settings like aperture, shutter speed, ISO, and frame rates work
- How to setup your camera to get cinematic footage
- How histograms, zebras, vectorscopes, and false color charts can improve your videography
- How to achieve proper exposure in your videos
- How to choose the right codec, color depth, bitrate, resolution, aspect ratio, and file format
- How to select the proper lens, filter, cable, and storage
- How to properly focus
- How to use external recorders
- How to record with anamorphic lenses
- How to use stabilization, including gimbals and in-camera stabilization
- How to select the proper color profile (including Log and HLG/HDR footage)
- What’s wrong with my videos?
- Top drone moves to improve your videos
6 hours of video instruction
Photo & Video Bundled Together
Save money by purchasing both classes bundled together.
Our instructors show you the exact equipment they have in their bags and provide you with advice on how to get your money’s worth.
Learn about the best options for drones, cameras, lenses, lights, microphones, stabilizers, and more.
It’s a myth that you need fancy equipment to do professional work. You can get started with budget-friendly gear and upgrade as you become more established.
One of the biggest reasons people’s images don’t turn out is because they are not following the main principles of photography. We show you techniques that experts use to reliably capture good-looking images.
We also reveal the 15 most common mistakes amateurs make when they are taking photos & videos. In this class, you will develop an eye for photography and know why certain images capture your attention. Peer over the shoulder of our instructors as they explain the techniques they use. Using the time-tested methods we teach, you will finally have the skills to become consistent in your filmmaking.
Let’s Meet Your Instructors
In addition to being an FAA Commercial Pilot, Certified Flight Instructor, and Remote Pilot, Greg has been an avid photographer and videographer for nearly two decades. He owned a photography business in Florida that specialized in weddings, portraits, newborns, and aerial photography (before drones). He also exhibited photos in a local gallery.
Greg has taught aerial photography and videography at a large university for 4 years. He’s also been producing Pilot Institute videos since day 1, although he’s since brought on a full-time producer. Greg is an avid collector of photography books, old cameras, and lenses.
Vic is the COO and Vice-President of the Drone Service Providers Alliance (DSPA). A commercial photographer, he has owned Moss Photography since 1988 and has been offering drone services since 2014. Vic is a nationally recognized voice for drone safety and an advocate for reasonable drone regulation.
Vic works with the FAA as one of five FAA Safety Team Drone Pros for the Denver FSDO, encompassing all of Colorado and Wyoming. Vic was also appointed to the Drone Advisory Committee in January, 2021 as a Citizen UAS Operator.
Join Over 200,000 Happy Pilots
FAQ Have questions? Get the answer below. You can also contact us.
This class is for anyone looking to improve their photography & videography skills. We teach you basic and advanced techniques by having you shadow our instructors in the field. While this course will teach you the skills you need to make money from paying clients, the same methods will help you even if you are just flying for fun.
Absolutely! We teach you everything you need to know starting with terms like aperture, ISO, shutter speed, etc. Once you have a strong foundation we move on to more advanced strategies to help your footage shine.
Getting stunning footage is more about the technique than it is about your equipment. There's no requirement to have a specific drone for this course. Our course covers DJI and Autel drones, but any drone will work.
We've specifically designed this course to cover techniques that will never go out-of-date. Having said that, this course is continually updated and we periodically change and add content. With lifetime access, you will always receive the latest lessons when you purchase this course.
Have you ever come across drone footage that’s out of this world and wondered “how did they do that?”. Your first thought might be that the equipment is the reason for how good the footage looks.
The reality is that just like any skill, photography takes practice. With the right knowledge you too can capture incredible scenes.
This one-of-a-kind class will give you the knowledge you need to finally get the footage you’ve always dreamed of.
In the course, we discuss common mistakes that beginners make with their photos and how you can avoid them. We also show you iconic drone shots that you can use to keep the viewer’s attention.
This is the most comprehensive drone photo/video course available. Once you finish, you will take off confidently knowing that you have what it takes to get good footage from the air using a drone and the ground with a standard camera.
Level Up Your Footage Learn proven strategies & techniques from instructors who make their living flying drones.
- Learn how to combine drones and regular cameras to create engaging videos.
- Lifetime Access - Go at your own pace.
- Double the value - We cover both photography & videography in one course.
- 30 Day Money-Back Guaratee.